Men's Tennis Drops Match to Seattle U.
SEATTLE - The Seattle University men's tennis team took advantage of the sunny weather, sweeping past Pacific Lutheran, 7-0, Saturday afternoon at the Seattle U Tennis Courts.
The Redhawks won all three doubles sets to earn the doubles point, with Mark Shkrebtan and Simon Meske taking the number one doubles set over Scott Sheldon and Taylor Dickey, 8-5. In the number two doubles position, Eric Chalmers and Kevin Lynch defeated Daniel Cotton and Michael Parretta, 8-2, while Kyle Rapp and David Kovas combined for an 8-3 victory over Zack AhYat and Neal Berg in the number three doubles spot.
All six Redhawk singles victories came in straight sets.
With the defeat, PLU falls to 2-7 for the season. The Lutes return to action on Wednesday, March 23, when they host Puget Sound at 3 p.m.
- Mark Shkrebtan/Simon Meske (SU) def. Scott Sheldon/Taylor Dickey (PLU): 8-5
- Eric Chalmers/Kevin Lynch (SU) def. Daniel Cotton/Michael Parretta (PLU): 8-2
- Kyle Rapp/David Kovas (SU) def. Zack AhYat/Neal Berg (PLU): 8-3
- David Kovas (SU) def. Scott Sheldon (PLU): 6-2, 6-4
- Mark Shkrebtan (SU) def. Taylor Dickey (PLU): 6-2, 6-4
- Andrew Anderson (SU) def. Zack AhYat (PLU): 6-3, 7-5
- Jordan Prince (SU) def. Daniel Cotton (PLU): 6-0, 6-0
- Simon Meske (SU) def. Reed Gunstone (PLU): 6-2, 6-0
- Jason Bediones (SU) def. Neal Berg (PLU): 6-0, 6-0
(Courtesy of Seattle U Sports Information Office)