PARKLAND, Wash. - The 2015-16 Pacific Lutheran men's basketball team celebrated its history making, record-breaking season with a final team dinner Monday evening, April 11.
The 2015-16 season saw the Lutes return to the post-season for the first time in six years, capped by playing in the Northwest Conference Tournament Finals for only the second time in school history. The team's record of 17 wins is tied for a school record as a member of Division III.
Additional season highlights were as follows:
- The best start in 50 years of PLU Basketball with a 9-2 record.
- The highest National Ranking in PLU's D-III basketball history at number 28
- Tied the highest win total in PLU's D-III history with 17.
- Played in the Northwest Conference (NWC) Tournament Finals for only the second time in history.
- Had three players (Bryce Miller, Brandon Lester, and Dylan Foreman) selected for the NWC all-league team for the first time in 23 years.
- Set a school record for points in a game- 130
- Tied a school record for most points in one half- 68
- Set a school record for victory margin a game – 78
- Set a school record for field goals in a game – 55
At the annual team dinner, the following players were selected by a vote of their teammates to receive awards:
- Captain's Award – Bryce Miller and Brandon Lester
- Edwards-Tveter Award (best Teammate) – Shane Jacob and Dylan DeWalt
- Most Improved – Markus Glenn
- Best Defensive Player – Dylan Foreman
In addition, PLU Athletic Trainer Todd Yamauchi and Team Physician Dr. Josh Purses were recognized for their invaluable contributions to a memorable season.
ON TAP FOR THE LUTES…
The 2016-17 PLU men's basketball season is set to begin on Wednesday, November 16 at Multnomah University, with the first home game Tuesday, November 22 against Northwest University.
Northwest Conference action will begin December 2 at Lewis & Clark. The complete 2016-17 schedule can be found here.