Athletic Training Policy toward Treatment of
to Club, Intramural, and Recreation Students
Club Sports sports medicine is now being run out of the PLU Health Center. More information is coming soon.
Emergency/Acute Injury Care
- Certified Athletic Trainers shall act as first responders, i.e. they will administer standard first aid.
- For any injury that will necessitate medical attention beyond standard first aid, Campus Safety will be called.
- On going care for acute injuries will be arranged by the student's personal physician or the Student Health Center.
- Ice is available in the Athletic Training Room for treatment of acute injuries to all students.
- Evaluations and care for non-acute injuries sustained during participation in intramural or club sports should be sought out at the Student Health Center or through the student's personal physician.
- Ice is available in the Athletic Training Room for treatment of chronic injuries to all students.